Monday, May 26, 2008

Olley's photos

Amanda Lowjen sent me this card & I love the paint work; it's too pretty to alter.

Amanda's theme was "Moths". Mmm - interesting - this is what I came up with for the front....


....And for the back. I really wanted to keep this first postcard that I completed.



This is my original postcard that I sent to myself; everybody got one with a different shaped star - can't wait to get them all back.

Jude Roberts was the first to return my postcard; I added the teabag folded star & it looks great! Well done & thanks to Jude.

Hi everyone, I'm going to attempt to add photos!!! And I'm hoping that I don't accidently post all 120 photos that I just put into my computer program!!! I have posted a photo of the original state of my postcards that I sent out. They were sent out blank except for a star drawn on the surface which I asked the other postcarders not to put any artwork in as I would be putting a "tea bag folded" star on when they were returned to me. I also asked that they do a monochromatic theme in blues. Judy was the first to return hers completed & even though it wasn't in blues I think the contrasting abstract work sets off the star beautifully & I love the tea bag string that Judy also added. Next is the card I received from Amanda, & I love the paint work she has done. With the theme of "Moths" I was keen to get this one completed just to prove to myself that I can do this project. I had to send it back sraight away as this is the one that I wanted to keep just for the paint work - probably as my favourite colour is green. I hope you enjoy looking as much as I have enjoyed doing & receiving. Happy Creating, Olley.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Olley, I really love the moths postcard - LOVE the stitching! The teabag one is also great. Well done!
    regards
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job on the "Moth" theme, Olley. Great photo's too. Looking forward to seeing more artworks in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olley, I love what you've done with the moth postcard! It was so gorgeous in the beginning, I don't know that I'd have been brave enought to do anything to it! But what you've done is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olley, I really like how you have very cleverly altered amanda's postcard...it was gorgeous before...now fantastic! also love the fact that you have been brave to stitch as well as alter front and back...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Olley
    Thanks for sharing all these photos and writing, very exciting to see the development as it happens. I also love your moths, and am keen to know what medium you used? The green colour and the interesting shape of the moths seems to blend in so well with Amanda's painting.
    Looking forward to seeing more - kristin mountjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristen, I photocopied the moths from my daughters insect book, cut & glued & then I stitched all over the surface. Not that elaborate at all. Cheating really! Olley.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment :)

Changes to "The Postcard Collaborations" :)

Hello to all collaborators,
Firstly apologies for this email However, better a little late than never!
I have heard from just about all of you over the past few weeks/months, Thankyou for your emails and phone calls and in some cases face to face conversations! Your feedback about the postcard collab has been thoughtful and in a positive vein.... I now have a fair idea about which group you each want to be involved in....below is what I understand you are each wanting, please check the lists, if you are listed as doing what you want, that's great..no need to contact me, however if you are not where you want to be please let me know, asap.
List A - Artists who want to continue with the postcards
  1. Olley Bath - who will continue to coordinate
  2. Gwen Evetts - who is a friend of Olleys and a new member
  3. Jude Roberts - originally from Olleys group
  4. Rochelle Jekot - originally from My group
  5. Jenelle Wood - Originally from my group
  6. Kym Simms - Originally from my group
Group B - Altered Book
  1. Peta Lloyd - to be coordinator of this group
  2. Donna Malone - originally coordinator of a postcard group
  3. Shelly Neave - originally from Donna's group
  4. Tamara Allen - " " " "
  5. JacQ Ware - " " " "
  6. Nanette Balchin - Originally from Olleys group
  7. Kristin Mountjoy - Originally from my group
  8. Lindesay Dresdon - " " " "
  9. Tracey Hewitt - " " " "
Group C - Those who were undecided - Please let me know which group you would like to be in!
  1. Susan Joyce - originally Donna's group
  2. Terri Shackley - " " "
Group D - Those who have decided to take a break from collaborating at the moment
  1. Pam Shipman - originally Donna's group
  2. Natalie Johnson - " Olley's Group
  3. Mel Gower - " " "
  4. Amanda Lowjen - " " "
Phew!!! I think that's it!!
I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your participation, creative idea's and wonderful art works. For those of you who are having a break, or continuing with the postcards, please stay in touch, I have certainly enjoyed you all being a part of this collaboration. I hope at some point that we may all be able to come together to share our books and postcards with each other!
For those continuing with the postcards, I believe that Olley has already communicated with you about how you will be continuing with this great project.
For everyone, please if you can, complete the postcards you have in your possession, if this is not possible then simply return to the originating artist as is.
For those who have chosen to change to the Altered Book Collaboration I will send out a group email within the next week to outline the details.
Kym, I would like to thankyou for your wonderful efforts of setting up the blog and continuing to maintain it, it has been a valuable opportunity to share thoughts and art with others and to be able to connect with other collaborators across the country and the oceans - THANKS!!!
To Donna and Olley, a big thankyou to you both for so capably and gently encouraging your respective group members participation - THANKS!!!
Once again......THANKS!!! to all of YOU for your enthusiasm, participation and collaboration!!!
Cheers,
Peta